January 5, 2022
We are expecting to see a severe winter storm throughout Virginia. Below are some preventative actions in preparation and others to be mindful of throughout the storm.
- Ensure all heating flue terminations are clear from snow – located on the exterior of your home.
- If you own a heat pump, clear snow from around the outdoor condenser.
- Do not lower the temperature at your thermostat. If you lose heat or power, you will want to have preserved as much heat as possible.
- Do your best to make sure all water and heating pipes are protected from the cold, specifically, those close to outer walls.
- It is ideal to have portable space heaters at home in the event you lose heat. Be sure to read and adhere to all safety precautions for the specific heater/s.
- We will have service technicians available as soon as driving conditions are safe.
- Keep your driveway and pathways clear in case you do need a visit from a service technician.